WORKING AS A CCTV OPERATOR WITHIN THE PRIVATE SECURITY INDUSTRY
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work as a CCTV Operator. It gives learners the opportunity to:
● Develop knowledge related to the Private Security industry, including, the purpose of the industry, the functions of the regulator, governing legislation and the acceptable work practices, procedures and standard
● Develop technical knowledge underpinning the role, duties and responsibilities of a CCTV Operative. This covers areas such CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines, relevant legislation, emergency procedures and the importance of effective communication with third parties
● Develop their practical skills and their abilities in the functional aspects of the role, including, locating and tracking, lost contact drills and capturing images in the context of the CCTV
● Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
● Achieve a licence to practise
● Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.